Welcome to the Back to Basics 2020 Winter Camporee. This weekend we will be testing skills in competitions related to the Trail to First Class. These activities will test your older scouts as well.
- Registration for the camporee is due by January 17,2020
- Register by clicking the blue 'Register' button.
- Cost is $10 per person (includes patch)
- Campsites will be assigned when you check in.
- All participants must have a BSA Medical Form.
- Unit trailers will be parked in assigned area near your campsite.
- Vehicles will be parked in the main parking lot at the Wave Pool Park or in approved parking spaces in the park.
- Handicapped parking permitted for medical conditions
- Leaders and Senior Patrol Leaders Meeting at 9:00pm
- Campsite assigned at check in
- There will be a campsite inspection on Saturday between 1 and 3pm
- Campsite will be inspected on Sunday morning before checkout
- No fires on open ground - All fires must be elevated
- Troops provide their own equipment
- All cooking will be done in your campsite
Activities – Places and points will be awarded for all activities
- First Aid
- Lashing and Knots
- Compass course and measuring distances. No cell phones or GPS instruments allowed – just a regular compass
- Height of an object
- Flint and steel fire building – We will provide flint, steel, and lint - Your troop provides everything else you will need
- Cross cut saw competition
- Throwing Hawks
- Each troop will be assisting in a one hour service project
- Each troop will be assigned a time to clean and restock restrooms.
Klondike Sled Race – This is a timed competition
- Sleds are premade – See attached plans if your troop does not have a sled
- No skis, just wooden runners
- Sleds will be weighed
- 5 scouts pulling – 1 scout pushing
Adult Dutch Oven Cook Off
- There will be a mystery food item to be announced
- All entries are due at headquarters by 5pm on Saturday
- Judges will not be scouts
Campfire – Saturday at 7:30pm
- All troops must have a skit – Leaders please check your troop’s skit
If you have any questions about the camporee please contact:
Josh Miller – Scoutmaster Troop 36
Dallas Hinchcliffe – Assistant Scoutmaster Troop 36